Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meet Charlie...

This is Melinda, Mary Beth's personal secretary (only for this moment), writing while Bruce gabs to some college students and MBA (I never call her MB.) crashes on the couch next to me. They have had a full day; the younger Alexanders are at Tadmor, Bruce had his last of ten treatments, and Spencer picked up the newest member of the family in Gresham with Mary Beth and a dog-owner friend. Charlie, short for Charleston (Isn't that the coolest name?) seems to be fitting right in to his new home. He has attached himself quite well to Spencer, and, get this, gets to sleep with his kennel at eye level to Spencer's bed. The word is this helps the dog adjust better to his new owners and surroundings. According to Mary Beth, this technique only needs to be practiced a couple of nights (yeah, right). Sure seems as if Charlie is already being spoiled like all babies of the family, wouldn't you agree?

Bruce's words to describe today: "We got a puppy and I had my last treatment; this truly is a good day." ;)

On another note, the college group at NW Hills was blessed to have Bruce and Mary Beth join us for dinner and a talk on compassion. Wow! What wise words we heard from both of them on this topic. I've included one photo of a few of the students with the couple. Enjoy, and keep praying for every need to be met, and for God to continue to use the Alexanders for His glory.


Jen, Mary Beth, Christina, Bruce, Jeff

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK,
Charlie is the cutest little puppy ever! What a wonderful addition to the family. I have to admit, I keep opening up the blog just to look at his picture. Keeps me smiling throughout my day. The other idea that keeps me smiling is thinking of Bruce having his last treatment. Yea!
MB (Grace) and Bruce, you are Love! You live it, you speak it, you surround your family and friends with it and by gosh, it is contagious! I feel Love when I think of both of you. love suzanne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Carol for the Weavers

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,
This is your big sister, Molly. I live right down the street so if you need anything at all just give me a bark and I'll be there. I am so excited to have my little brother so close. Pretty soon I'll beable to show you all the ropes--like how to talk your folks into giving you treats for every good thing you do. I know it sounds crazy, but sit and they'll give you a treat. Lay down and they will give you another. AND if you play fetch--man they'll be giddy and give you the whole bag of treats! Trust me on this on Charlie.
Well, I'm getting ready for bed. Charlie, you have a great family who really loves you-you're going to have a great love. Give your folks lots of love and licks for me.
Love,
Your Big Sis, Molly

Anonymous said...

From your TAC Family---Congratulations to Charlie for landing in such an awesome new home!!! So glad Bruce had his last treatment. We're thinking of you all and miss seeing your smiling faces around here!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad that this round of treatment is over for you Bruce. We pray for good things when you go for your next piece of news. You and Mary Beth are such as inspiration to others. How lucky those college students were to hear you both speak.
Hugs, Love and continued prayers for positive energy.
Bob and Carol McLaughlin

Anonymous said...

With you in prayer for strength and joy and trust in our gracious God's care for each and every one of you. Lovingly, Sharon F.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Charlie! What a wonderful addition you make to your new family. Be a good boy...they deserve it!

God's blessings to all the Alexanders! Praying often, Lisa Pulliam