Thursday, January 17, 2008

OHSU

Hello Dear Family and Friends!
It is once again late....so once again this will be quick:
**Bruce was stable enough Wed night to get his scheduled full brain radiation treatment (2nd one) AND his first spinal radiation treatment. No complications with these.
**My mom and sister drove down from Seattle to help out in any way. The three of us stayed in a downtown hotel in an attempt to give me a good night sleep....it worked!
**Bruce had a good night, his anti-seizure and steroid levels were up where they should be, he was walking around the ICU unit after breakfast, passed all evaluations, was in the beginning stages of being discharged and unplugged from all his machines, felt queasy, got up to get his "bucket" and that was all he remembered. I arrived at ICU to Bruce being wheeled off to get a CT to see if there was any damage done in the fall...you can imagine how loud of a "thud" there was when he fell! Bruce said that the titanium plates in his head probably saved him....one fringe benefit of brain surgery!
**Needless to say, all talk of discharging him was done. He was quite disappointed at the set back but knows this is the best place to be right now.....and I didn't even have to convince him of that.....but I was ready to do it!!
**My sister, Marcie, headed down to Corvallis to be with the kids, be in charge of all the comings and goings and get some order restored to my house!! She is amazing!!
**Bruce had another full brain and spinal radiation treatment today, is overnight again in ICU (they wanted to move him to the standard Neurology ward, but there were no beds available) and he will have another treatment Friday at noon.
**My mom, Amah, stayed here with me and Bruce and was available to do whatever. She is amazing!! We are at a hotel again tonight. It is hard for me to be away from Bruce but know it is the best thing for me.
**We know nothing beyond tomorrow's treatment, other than God is Sovereign, God is Good, God is Trustworthy and we are totally dependent on HIM!
Thanks again for every one's love and prayers. We are strengthened daily by them!
MBA for The A Team!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mary Beth,
Thank you for the update. We are all praying for you and yours here in the Joiner family. You are an amazing testimony to all of us....
Love you guys,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Marybeth and Bruce..you are all in our hearts and prayers and with you in Spirit and love and are amazed at your strength..keep on keeping on..Lovingly the Coolen clan..

Anonymous said...

MBA and Superman,
Thank you for taking the precious time to keep us informed. The Curry's are saying many prayers and sending love and warm hugs your way. You are in our hearts... and prayers for smooth treatments and that Bruce can be in his own home soon.

Unknown said...

Mary Beth and Bruce,

I do not think I could have said it any better than the Coolen Clan.

I will just add that the love I am
feeling from all of the support you receive is lighting up the way.

Thank You for that my friends,

Marlene

rosepua said...

Thanks for the note, MaryBeth. I'm prayin' peace (rest) for you and all of Phil 4, as well as 10 smiles today. Love, MA

Carol Ann Weaver said...

God is sovereign and good. So true!

Blessing on you! Carol for the Weaves

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,
I have been reading your blog and praying. If I can help with anything let me know. You are in our hearts and on our minds.
Connie for the Kykers

Anonymous said...

Bruce, Mary Beth, and kids,

Please know we are keeping you in our prayers. We share your strong faith in our Great God! We keep Romans 8:28 close to our hearts.

Love in Christ,
Migon Felker Drummond and Family

Anonymous said...

Marybeth,Bruce and family & Charlie!
thank you for your update-late at night in your tiredness you thought of all of us that are worried, praying and thinking of you all.
Thank you. Here is a blessing for you today: Hold me in your arms, Lord
Bless me with your Love
whisper in the quietness, Lord
Bless me with your Word
Lead me through the darkness, Lord
Bless me with Your Light
Touch me where I hurt Lord
Bless me with your healing
I feel your presence
and know you are walking with me always. Bless me with your Love Lord. May Jesus hold you close to His heart as we know He is.
Love Mary and Ron

Anonymous said...

With Our Father's Loving arms wrapped around all of you...may they hold you tight and bring you peace,rest &
strength at this time of need.
You have all been so resilient and faithful, truly inspiring to all.
May God bring all his blessings upon your family, with courage and love you will see a glimpse of his plan and be walking in his glory.
My prayers and love are with you and call upon us to help where we can.
Lovingly, Lori K and family