Thursday, October 9, 2008

IT'S OCTOBER ALREADY?

Wow, it's been almost a month since the last post....the reality of "so much to do and not enough time to do it". I really do try to live with the mindset of "one day at a time"....but the days seem to all come at one time! Anyone else feel that way?

The A TEAM has had some tough days: we seem to be having more "sad daddy days", the reality of our loss is hitting us in unexpected ways and at different levels and we are just trying to figure out how to live and learn through it all....this has been very exhausting.
At the same time, the A TEAM has had somewhat normal days: doing what we do because we have to, making sure we do things because we like to, keeping all things in balance because we need to and spending as much time together because we get to......this has also been very exhausting.

I know this is a vague update, but that's all I have time for right now...my "have to" list is really big today! Many have asked how we are doing and how can they pray for us and I hope this helps. Hopefully, I will be able to post some pictures and more specifics soon....hopefully!

Mikaela is now in Santa Cruz until November 25th. Things are going well and she is doing great. She is getting her blog set up soon, but wanted me to post her new address. (A BIG THANKS to those of you who sent her letters and packages-she LOVES hearing from friends and family!!)

VENTANA MINISTRIES, MIKAELA ALEXANDER
c/o MISSION SPRINGS CHRISTIAN CAMPS
1050 LOCKHART GULCH ROAD
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA 95066

May God grant you grace, wisdom and strength for today!
MBA
~LOVE ALWAYS WINS~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MB,
Your heart is So BIG! Your writing comes directly from that. When I read your words, I realized how much I take for granted each day. Thank you for always sharing your feelings. I learned today to "do what we do because we have to, making sure we do things because we like to, keeping all things in balance because we need to and spending as much time together because we get to". I will share this quote with everyone, if this is ok with you. Please know you and the kids and Bruce are in my thoughts daily. You are a true gift who walks on this earth with gentleness and HIS footprints are right beside you. Where else do we find the amazing strength to survive and then carry others on our backs until they can walk beside us? love, suzanne

rosepua said...

MBA, I was scanning through the pics on my blog when I came across Bruce with all of us in our family room... For a moment, my breath was taken away and tears came. What followed was immediate grief over our loss. Yet, how much GREATER must your sadness be... love, love you, MA

mcook said...

MB,
Although I never got a chance to know you and you don't know me, our family knew and loved Bruce very much! I grew up with Bruce and considered him to be like one of my brothers, Bruce and Dale. My name is Marci Johnson, Goose and Noel's daughter. The last time we saw or talked to Bruce was when our mom passed away several years ago. I can't tell you how much it hurt to find out he was gone. My memories of Bruce go back as far as I can remember and the best ones are of him teaching me how to play baseketball in our driveway on Fuller. I have several picutres of Bruce when we lived on Fuller and would be happy to share them with you and our family. Our thoughts and prayers are with during this very difficult time. He was a very loved and cherished part of our family growing up.