Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SIX MONTHS

Well, today marks 6 months since Bruce's passing into eternity. Isaac said, "It's been half a year....it doesn't seem that long ago....wow, this has been the fastest year." It is very surreal when we stop to think that it has been that long. Time does go by fast....yes, but it doesn't heal....only God can do that!
In many ways, it doesn't seem real that Bruce is gone....at the same time, it seems too real everyday we go through without him. We have good days, we have bad days.....it will be that way for a long time. We miss him so much, yet we are so thankful for the time we had with him and all the memories that can never be taken from us. We choose to live everyday, because Bruce would want us to and because God calls us to. It doesn't mean it's easy....it just means that we have divine strength and power to make it each day....and that gives us hope that we will make it another 6 months. ...one day at a time!
Thank you to all who have helped us throughout this time-prayers, random acts of kindness, words of encouragement, hugs, timely notes and calls that have meant so much. We will continue to need these, especially now that reality is sinking in and becoming more....real.
A very special thanks to everyone who made the plaque dedication last week in the CHS weight room a possibility and such a special evening for us. (I will post more on that later.) What a "forever gift" to keep Bruce's legacy alive!

With much love and gratitude,
MBA and Kids!

5 comments:

Paul and Karen said...

Paul told me he had seen you at Timberhill and you both had talked about this. Six months. Time is strange. We love you all.

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,

I am so blessed to have you and your family in my life. I read your
bolob with the anticipation of a child waiting to be inspired in the best most positive way.

Love, Hygs and Prayeres to youand your family...........

Marlene

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,

I should have previewed my Blog for errors Wow..........

1.)bolob S/B Blog....
2.)Love, Hugs and Prayers to you and your Family was supposed to look loke this...etc.

Marlene

Doug said...

Mary Beth,

You've been tagged. Check out Doug's Blog for the details.

doug

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,

Annisa and I saw a bumper sticker today that said "Love Wins" and it made me think of Bruce. I think of Bruce while raking leaves or mowing the grass or watching kids play in front of the house,(so often Bruce was one of the kids playing in the street in front of the house!) These memories make me smile. I want you to know I think of you too Mary Beth. I pray that you find comfort if only for a moment at a time in God's grace and the memories.

Hugs and prayers,
Karen Goss