Thursday, May 22, 2008

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

Yes, it has been awhile since I've posted something on the blog. I often think of writing something, I go to the computer and.....that's about it. I'm not quite sure what to write...but, mostly, it has been too difficult for me. It dawned on me this evening, the best thing I could do is just let you know a bit of what is on my heart...that is what I've always done and that is what keeps us connected. If I have ever had the need to stay connected, even in a small way, it is now....I'm thinking that might be the same for some of you, right?

All the cards, letters, blog comments, surprises and financial gifts over the last 4 weeks have been overwhelming and amazing and have blessed me and the children in so many ways. Thank you to each and everyone of you for the tangible touch of God's love and faithfulness to us.

We have had many big events since Bruce's passing (still haven't gotten used to saying that): our 22nd Anniversay, Mikaela's 18th, Isaac's 14th and MB's 4?th. We were very sad not to have Bruce with us, but at the same time we were happy to be together, remembering Bruce all the time, making the days extra special and continuing to make memories.

We have other big events coming up in the next few weeks: Spencer goes to CA on June 6th for a summer media job with Mount Hermon, Pearce's 12th is on the 7th, Mikaela's graduation is on the 9th and then Father's Day on the 15th. These will be more opportunities for us to celebrate Bruce and each other in the midst of our grief and loss. Please remember us in your prayers.


Every day is different....not sure what to expect..never sure of when certain emotions will flood in and flow out. Some days are good, some not so good....but mostly good. Some days are too busy and zip by too fast, some are too slow and drag on endlessly...but mostly they are always 24 hours. Some days I like how things are going, some days I want things how they used to be...mostly I just like that I have a new day.
We are learning what it means to go forward as a family even though we do not quite feel like a complete family...everything is different in a weird kinda way. The things that used to work for us or help us are just not working the same anymore. Thank you for understanding and being patient with us as we deal with lots of uncertainty.
There is one thing I am certain of, though, and that is: "God is near"; that "surely goodness and kindness will follow me (us) all the days of my (our) life"; "in His presence is fullness of joy" and He will "uphold me (us) in His righteous right hand"...I know, that is more than one thing, but that is what I know to be true! That is how I know we are making it! That is how I know we will make it!!

I'm sure that each of you is feeling a loss or a void with Bruce gone. Please know that I am praying that God will comfort you as He is comforting us and that in the midst of your sorrow you will find hope and great joy as you think upon heavenly things...and that now includes Bruce!

I do hope to post more frequently, so please keep checking in with the A Team Blog!
We are so loved....and we so love you!
MBA :)
~LOVE ALWAYS WINS~

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

MBA - you are the most amazing woman I know, always thinking of others. God Blees you, Karen \''/

Anonymous said...

Please know that we continue to think and pray for you from Philly. You are an amazingly strong, courageous and graceful woman ... your children are so blessed to have you as their mom.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted. What an amazing woman you are! You are in my thoughts & prayers daily!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting!! It really does help guide our prayers for you. I am in awe of the woman you are!! I so look forward to connecting with you when we can...never a rush...just know I love ya!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely posting. You certainly are able to state things as they really are. You are so in touch with your feelings even though sometimes feelings are hard to explain. Be assured of my prayers daily for you all, Mary Beth, Spencer, Mikaela, Isaac, Pearce. Bruce's name always pops up so easily. He is not to be forgotten nor are you all. I love you......Sharon F.

Anonymous said...

There's no question you will survive all this. In fact, I'm confident you will all thrive with your confidence in God's plan! Your family is 1 in a 1,000,000 -- a real force to be reckoned with. I'm honored to know you all.
Love ya!
Cindy K.

rosepua said...

So great to hear from "da source", MaryBeth. Thanks for taking time to write what's hard to put into words. Love, love, MA

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,
I echo Melinda...thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share with us the things that must be so difficult to put into words. You actually were very eloquent and described perfectly what I can only imagine.
Love, Lisa P.

Anonymous said...

I think of you and the kids often and wonder how your days are now. Thanks for taking the time (and maybe a lot of effort) to let us know. My heart is with you -

Karen B.

doylegolf1 said...

Love you all, I love Bruce's memorial in the paper today from his football team. He left us gift after gift. Yes, love always wins my A team. What a priviledge to be a part of your lives. May you feel God's blessings and gifts each and every day.

Love, the Doyle's

Anonymous said...

Dear Marybeth, Spencer, Mikaela,Issac and Pearce,
Thank your for taking the time to post your thoughts and feelings with all of us..We continue to uphold you in our prayers, thoughts and to express how special each of you are in God's gift of humanity in your daily walk of love,faith and in sharing your lives with us. "Keep on keeping on" We love you..Linda and Dick

Anonymous said...

MaryBeth,
When we met at Mount Hermon last summer, it had been just over a year since my wife of 45 years had gone home to be with the Lord. It had been a hard year, and one that I will always remember, yet the greving process takes a toll, and time is necessary to work on through it. Though the memory of a lost love one never is gone, and the emptiness always seems just about to overwhelm us, still there are ways in which our departed lets us know that we are to carry on. There are children to care for, loved ones to cheerish, and friends to comfort, but most of all there are family and friends that love and care for us. They all, with the Lord's strength, help us to move on with this passing called life. All aspects are important, and I consider it a privelege to have met you and Bruce last summer, and to have shared, indirectly, in your struggles. Please realize, I and many others, have been praying for you, Bruce, and the children through this whole time. I spoke with Roger Williams at Mount Hermon a couple of weeks ago about you and Bruce and he and the staff have also been praying for you - that the Lord will continue to strengthen you and Bless You in special ways you least expect.
GOD BLESS and KEEP YOU,
Sandy Wilson
(sandywilson@earthlink.net)

Anonymous said...

MB,

Thank you so much for sharing your words and feelings about how different life is now. I remember feeling the weirdness, the surrealness of life without a family member. Writing is a good outlet, of course so is crying and a good scream once in awhile to let out the flavor of your grief. I think of you every single day and the kids and Bruce.
The spirituality in the next life is so strong to reach out and touch us with comfort, often we don't know how or where it came from, we just experience the feeling of peace, once in awhile, more and more. Love to you today and everyday. As my heart is healing, I feel the warmth more and more and that is what I send to you in my thoughts, prayers, meditations, memories. love, suz.

Anonymous said...

MBA and all,
Wishing you all the best in this time as well. I don't have anything momumental to say except I know that Bruce loved You, his family and his flock very much. He is watching over all.
Tom Nordberg.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning MB, I am always impressed by your grace and your constant thought and consideration of others. I am sure that there is only one set of footprints at this time in your life, and I am sure you know that God is carrying all of you. You and yours are not forgotten. May the Lord continue to bless you.

ConnieK said...

Mary Beth,
Thank you for sharing your heart. You are in my thoughts daily.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Dear Marybeth and family, We know this week will be filled with many different emotions,happiness, proudness and also sadness. Rest assured you are carried in our hearts and daily prayers. We all love you very much. Love and prayers from all the Mirantes

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth, Spencer, Mikaela, Isaac and Pearce,
Thinking of you each one and wishing you a shiny day. Keep yourselves following in Jesus' footprints. You are a precious family. Lovingly, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister -

I was really missing Bub tonight - and what a pleasure to find the routine of coming to this site still available to me!

I found what I needed here - in the words of your friends. Things are in a tizzy (my house is in the path of the new Milwaukie light rail system-as if we all have not had enough things happening in our lives), and I needed to remember how to "accept,"
and that God never gives us more than we can handle.

I love you!

Kirsten