Sunday, June 15, 2008

REMEMBERING BRUCE ON FATHER'S DAY!


Keeping up with the blog has been harder than I thought. Hopefully, like everything else, it will get easier as time goes on.....

Well, today is another "first" that we are facing and it has been tricky, to say the least. We had plans to be up in Seattle this weekend for a graduation celebration and spend this special day with family....everything is always better with family...but we are home with the flu! Bummer, huh? We have been given another opportunity to be flexible, come up with a plan B and make the best of things in a different way. We've had lots of practice doing all those things and are becoming quite the experts! It's not always easy or fun, but we do it! So, watching Disney, lounging around all day, being together, looking out for one another and remembering "Daddy" is our day...not bad!

I wanted to share something the kids did for Bruce's 50th Birthday Celebration last August. It is very precious to me and a great way to celebrate Bruce today...and every day!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!




4 comments:

rosepua said...

Wow. I thought I was fine about Bruce, even on Father's Day, and focused on praying for you all on this tough day without him. Well, all it took was reading half the list before the deep pain of loss hit me... I will never tire of dwelling on Bruce's wonderful, God-like qualities; they remind me to keep looking up to the One who is worth living for. Love, love, MA

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet list the kids wrote. What a treasure.

Karen B.

FrenchKatie said...

What a wonderful tribute to Bruce and a touching list from his 50th birthday. Tears come to me often when I see his photo in our house and listen to someone talk about him. It's so hard yet to believe that he's gone on to be with God. What a powerful example of LOVE that he still is for everyone whose lives were touched by him. You are always in my prayers!! K for the Currys

Anonymous said...

Keeping close to you in prayer for our loving Jesus to give you strength for each new day. Thinking good thoughts for you each and every one...Mary Beth, Spencer, Mikaela, Isaac and Pearce. Much love.......Sharon F.