Saturday, July 5, 2008

OUR TRIP TO CALIFORNIA

As many of you know, Spencer has been working on the media crew at Mount Hermon in CA since June. This is the Christian Family Camp that our dear friends, Mike and Michelle Ower, introduced us to four years ago. We have made it our family summer vacation for the last 3 years and this will be our 4th year! We drove down to San Jose yesterday (loooong drive) and spent the night with our friends, Bart and Ellen Irick. We are heading out this afternoon to go see Spencer (Sat is his only day off), check in, have a relaxing dinner and concert tonight at Mt Hermon and then officially start our Family Camp time together on Sunday afternoon. We are able to attend this year because of the generous gift from Mt Hermon donors and we are very excited...the kids especially!! Of course, it will be very different and very difficult for us to be there without Bruce, but we are looking forward to seeing and experiencing what new things God has in store for us this year!! I'm looking forward to lots of R&R, being together with all my kiddos and doing whatever it takes to refresh and recharge. The kids are thrilled to see Spencer, reconnect with friends and just play, play, play! Check out the website www.mounthermon.org to see where we will be and what we will be doing. I will try to update the blog while we are there so please check back.
Love,
MBA for THE A TEAM!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth,
I am really glad that you are able to make it to Family Camp this year. As I mentioned, I have things arranged to pay a short visit on Tuesday for lunch. Look forward to seeing all of the A-team. Keep up the good times at Family Camp, and the Lord will boost your spirits as well. I know that Bruce will be with you in spirit as well.
In the Love of the Lord,
Sandy Wilson

Unknown said...

Mary Beth and Family,

Enjoy your time together at Family Camp. I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.

Geoff

Anonymous said...

How did the driving go, Mikaela? Hope you all have a good time at camp.

Karen B.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read that you were at camp 'your song' came to mind, 'Happy-to-be-the-moon'. I hope you have a refreshing time.
-bob k

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
I've been praying for you, hope camp is going well! We love you very much. Give Spencer a BIG HUG (at his belly...where I do) from me!
Mary Law

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth & Family,

We are glad to hear you are all going to Camp again, a place that you are all so fond of. May you be blessed with new memories as you are reminded of the special times you all shared there with Bruce. We think of you often and continue to pray for your family. Love Carol and Bob