Monday, April 28, 2008

PRAISE! Praise!

This is Melinda writing without MBA's permission... I just had to say something about today's Celebration of Bruce's life at LaSells Stewart Center. My husband was moved to tears before the event even started when he looked back and saw what looked to be every seat occupied, and people sitting in the upper balcony. What a testimony of what Bruce meant to others! At the end, Duane said it was the best and most meaningful memorial he had ever been to.

It was, once again, a God moment. Very, very powerful; the displays, the refreshment and standing tables, the order of the program, the music, the video tribute -- seeing and hearing Bruce laugh hard was awesome! -- Spencer's essay about his Superman dad, the special song about Bruce, the speakers -- Oh my gosh! The speakers were fabulous, especially Mikaela! -- the account of God's strong presence in Bruce's hospital room, the football chant, and the mingling in the lobby with those who love Bruce was so very special.

I am sure pictures will soon be added to the blog. Let us rejoice with Bruce in singing hallelujah and praise to the King of kings and Lord of lords.

~Melinda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew he was AWESOME, I just didn't know how AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Melinda,

I'm glad I stayed up late this evening to see the post. I kept checking to see if there was news of the service, and now it's here. Thank You! This is a great way to end my day today. I was not able to be at the service, but I was there in spirit. I didn't get a lot of work done this afternoon because my heart and mind were not there ... they were in Corvallis.

Anonymous said...

It must have been awesome to see how many lives Bruce has touched in some way, form or fashion. I hope that the A Team can draw strength from seeing how many people loved him! I bet Bruce was there in the balcony watching over everyone.

I continue to pray for healing.

Anonymous said...

Melinda,

You were one of the people I wanted to meet. You are a tremendous writer as the words seem to right from your heart and soul. Thank you.

I agree with everything you said about the Life Celebration!

I did not want it to end, just like some of the best books I have read. And in fact, it really hasn't ended.

I want to keep spreading "The Word of Bruce" to everyone.

Thank you MB for walking with Bruce and sharing his Love and Faith with all of us.

All I want to do today is go to my favorite place, on the sand cliffs in Discovery Park (Seattle) and reflect on the wonder of Love, Life and how different it all seems to me TODAY!!!!!!!

Love, suzanne

Anonymous said...

Jim and I were there, too, only with our hearts and prayers and many thoughts. Thank you for keeping us posted. All of us, with the ATeam, have experienced the life of an unusually gifted man who understood how to give himself to God, family, and others. He kept the important things in life in their rightful place.
Love to all,
Jim & Corliss Mock

ConnieK said...

We feel so privileged to have been there yesterday to share in Bruce's celebration of life. What an incredible testimony! Three and a half hours just seemed to fly by....What a great tribute to such a great man...And the greatest of these is LOVE.
Connie for the Kykers